Boid Season 2 Statistics
Boid Season 2 ended on September 21st and we have some great statistics to share with the community about the performance of the Boid platform this season.
The science project we contribute towards (Mapping Cancer Markers) is currently studying ovarian cancer as well as sarcoma (bone cancer). The work is split into small work units which require 4–6 hours of computing time per unit to complete.
- The Boid platform has completes an average of 31675 Work Units per day with over 3959 active daily CPU cores.
- Over 380 new devices registered during Season 2.
- We also welcomed 67 GPU devices producing 1.8GH/s (avg 25MH/s) for the first time this season.
- During season 2 the maximum achieved global boid power was 2,736,516 BP.
- Boid.com has accumulated over 3830 years of research.
- Our standing among other WCG contributors moved up this season from #19 to #15 globally.
- The top team during Boid Season 2 was Secure-blockchains with an average of 310k Boid Power.
Top 5 teams
- Secure blockchains
Platform Development Progress
Development on the Boid platform has continued at a brisk pace. Here are a few highlights.
- The [Boid Desktop App](https://github.com/boid-com/BoidDesktop/releases) has a new maintainer who has released multiple updates to improve the performance and reliability of the application.
- The Boid Linux CLI tool [boidcmd](https://www.npmjs.com/package/boidcmd) has a new maintainer who published several bug and reliability fixes.
- The new EOS account creation tool was released, enabling new users to purchase an EOS account with their earned BOID tokens. [accounts.boid.com](https://accounts.boid.com)
- The [Boid Validator](https://github.com/boid-com/boidValidator) codebase was updated and validators are now generating Boid Power ratings and power reports are now issued on-chain.
- The [Boid Power Oracle](https://github.com/han-so1omon/BoidDac/tree/master/contracts/boidpower) smart contract upgrade has been under active development, the new updates are currently live on testnet and are slated for live deployment this week. [Technical Documentation](https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ul6_fvwKmC2jT8hWPxomKWHCr_9pXFcv)
- We announced our ongoing partnership with [ankr.com](https://www.ankr.com/) You can read the details in their [announcement post](https://medium.com/ankr-network/boid-is-the-next-blockchain-project-to-host-their-nodes-on-the-ankr-cloud-c6339302e48f).
- Boidjs alpha NPM module created. This module contains helpful wrapper functions that make it easier for JS developers to communicate with Boid smart contracts.
- community.boid.com site launch. This is our forum where Boid community members can post information and have conversations about the Boid Network. All Boid news and token bounties are posted there.
- The new Boid Token contract was reviewed by Somish Labs who performed a comprehensive audit of the contract functions and security.
- The BOID Token Contract was improved and deployed onto EOS mainnet. All new functionality is now live.
Read the entire article on the Boid community site